Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Roen Family Reunion



Saturday, June 27th, 2009 was the big day we had waited for....our Roen family reunion. Dad's two sisters were able to attend and there were lots of cousins there. Since many of us don´t get together hardly at all, it was great to see so many from far and near. My Dad reminisced a bit with us all....and we had a lot of time to visit with each other. My cousin Mark MCd the giving away of door prizes and that was fun. It was just a great time.

Family seems to get more and more important with each passing year. This time, we had several family members who had passed away in the last few weeks. While we rejoice in our memories of their Christ-like lives, we just plain miss their presence with us. It is so exciting to see the children growing and the young adults becoming mature adults.

Yes, God created families and He is in our midst as we celebrate together our family heritage and our current news. I felt His Presence and I am sure others of our family did as well. I am so thankful for my family....my aunts and uncles, my cousins, and all the little ones joining our family....and of course, I'm thankful for my Dad and Mother, David, Jon & Gwen, their children, Allen & Anne and Allison, and Rick & Jan and their children, Ben, Eric, and Melissa. Thank God, too, for families!

No comments: