Saturday, July 4, 2009

Jailed poodle, hospitalized van, grounded owner!

Well, for excitement this trip to Illinois, Opie, the poodle was in jail. That is what he thinks of boarding at the vet in Rockford. He is definitely not a happy camper! But, I paid the fine and he is out.

Then, my van had problems and got taken to the dealership "hospital" for major repairs which will cost $1350. Now that is MAJOR! And, to top it off, the parts have to travel all the way from Lithuania and are delaying our return to Texas. Now that is not good either! We are hoping the parts will arrive and the van will be fixed on Wednesday (July 8th). More than that, we are PRAYING those parts get here.

So, now I am grounded with no vehicle for getting around and we will not even think about the finances for the van repair!

I am trying to be positive and realize that I am safe here, not stranded on an interstate somewhere, can still enjoy being with my family, and everything will be ready to go before long. It just kind of put a dent in some of my plans...make that a very big dent.

So this trip will be remembered for the jailed poodle, the hospitalized van and me, being grounded as well as a lot of positive, fun things.

No comments: