Saturday, July 11, 2009

What's Better Than Getting Home after a Long Trip?

Thank God, I arrived safely home after being away since June 23rd. It is so good to sleep in my own bed again.....be with my pets--Huracán, Florecita, Charlie Anderson, Chiquita and of course, Opie. It is even good to have my own bathroom and kitchen! And, how great it is to see and hear from my friends and those in my church!!!

BUT THERE IS SOMETHING EVEN BETTER THAN GETTING HOME FROM A LONG TRIP, ESPECIALLY THIS TIME. I knew as a pastor I should be agreeable....and really I had no reason except being tired, not to go to church to pray for a man who had requested prayer. However, I wasn't all that excited. And, then when our music ministers, Bro Ventura and Sis Diana wanted to pick me up (since I have been doing so much driving lately), it did seem a little strange. We drove to the church....and as we were arriving, they were commenting on the progress of the addition to the Catholic church. ALL OF THE SUDDEN, WE DROVE RIGHT UP TO THE ALMOST COMPLETED SHELL OF OUR NEW ADDITION! I had NO idea that it was being built as I traveled. They even VOTED NOT TO TELL ME...and just surprise me!!!! It is awesome. Of course, the inside is not finished and so it is not useable at this point. But it is all paid for with the money we have been saving.....and we even have a little left over to help as we start saving for the inside. I think we will get more offerings and donations because people will see the building and know that we really need to get it ready for use!

I will try to post some pictures later.....for now, I am still in shock over seeing it almost completed.....NOW THAT IS EVEN BETTER THAN GETTING HOME AFTER A LONG TRIP!

I have the best congregation in the whole world!!!! I just cannot say how much I appreciate all their work and dedication......and even the surprises!!!! To the congregation of Asamblea Pentecostés Nueva Vida of Lasara, Texas: YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!! WHAT A JOY IT IS TO BE YOUR PASTOR!!!

No comments: