Saturday, November 29, 2008

And The Moving Goes On.....

Another week has gone by and a glance at my countdown shows that as I write I have less than 48 days to complete this move. Wow! That is getting a little scary.

This week, I was able to set up accounts for gas, water, and lights and as of Tuesday everything will be in my name and I will be paying for the services. The wonderful news is that I did not have to pay a deposit for my electricity. I am so very thankful for that. I also met with the landlord, went over some things about the house, got the keys and paid the first month of rent. Then I was able to measure the windows for blinds and curtains. And, I looked again at how my furniture will fit. I have now taken four small loads of things to church and left everything in the office until I get the windows covered at the new house. I have another small load ready to go tomorrow.

Now, on Monday, I will get my retirement check so I will be doing the regular errands. On Tuesday, I hope to take my van to the dealership....it is making a funny noise I want them to check. On Wednesday, another load goes to Raymondville and I plan to buy the blinds and any curtain rods or brackets that I will need. Then one of the men from church is going to put up the blinds and curtain rods. I want to start playing Christian music and praying for protection and blessing in the house and for everyone who comes to visit. I will take another load plus Opie on Friday morning and hopefully, I can clean out the church office and set up for the Ladies Christmas Celebration that we will be having that night. On Friday night, Opie and I will be sleeping on an inflatable mattress in the new house for the first time. In the morning, we will go back to Reynosa, feed Chiquita and the cats, load up the van.....and go back to Raymondville to spend the night.

Well, those are the plans right now. I am so thankful for those who are praying for me during this rather stress-filled time. .....and the move continues...........

No comments: