Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Last Rose in Reynosa

Well, this morning, I trimmed bouganvillias and rosebushes.....I couldn't finish because there are still some rosebuds and I want to give them a chance to open and decorate my yard. I took a couple of pictures, realizing that this is the last time I will do the fall trimming here. I will have to leave behind my rosebushes. And, it makes me sad.

I will be leaving behind a lot.....really special friends, freshly made tortillas just down the block, a church that I spent lots of time attending, ministering in, and decorating. I will leave behind the real Pollo Loco restaurant,La Naranja--my friend Sara's restaurant, garbagemen who still use carts and horses, all the sounds of street venders, the extra slow, complicated way of doing things. I leave behind three lane highways that become five lane highways during rush hour. We (Opie and I) leave behind Maxie's husband and Opie's father, Carolino and his sister Carola. And, we leave behind two little graves...one for Chula and one for Maxie.

Tomorrow or the next day, I will consider all that I am taking with me and I will feel richer, blessed, and happy. But, for today, I am shedding some tears as I think about what will be left behind.

And, yes, I am moving on.......and it is okay.

1 comment:

Tracie Smith said...

Some of those things I would be ready to leave! lol Change is hard for most of us though. Even when we know it's right or even because we simply want the change it can be sad. Ok cry today...be happy tomorrow!!!