Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Moving On Update

Just look at my countdown and you will see that I am approaching "two months" till I am moved to Raymondville. That is both encouraging and frightening....encouraging because a long drawn out moving process is tiring and frightening because there is so much to do. Right now, I have open boxes all over the house and I am organizing and packing in pieces while carrying on somewhat normal life here. Then, I have notebooks started....one has addresses that I will have to change and the other has measurements so I can see how things will (or will NOT) fit in the new house and lists of things that I will need to DO and BUY! NOTHING has been checked off BUT LOTS of things are being ADDED almost daily. I now know the mailing address of the house, that it is going to have a white hood for the stove (meaning that I need to buy a white stove which is fine since my refrigerator is white), and that I will need a shower curtain for the bathroom. I know that my living room curtains are too small for the new living room windows and that each bedroom has two windows. There is also a patio door which will need a curtain, two small windows in the laundry room, and one small window in the kitchen. I think I have decided to cover the one window in what will be my office/craft room with my entertainment center so it will only need blinds. It is the room that has patio doors so there will be windows or a way to have light in the room. Well, that is what I am thinking now. I am pretty sure that all my furniture will fit in the house....but I still need to get measurements to be sure. I learned that cats only need a current rabies shot in order to cross the international bridge....so I have to start updating their shots. Even though there is a terrible mess here (and Christmas decorating is probably not going to happen this year!), I am excited about my move. So that is where I am now.....and I am moving on.............

2 comments:

Vicki said...

wow, you have lots to do but I am confident that you will get it all done. Praying for you and LOVE your new home!

Tracie Smith said...

You are making me tired. It isn't much longer and you'll be back in Texas...whoo hoo!!!!