Saturday, May 30, 2009

More about the peach


My little peach is down on the ground! I so loved looking at it as it hung on the tree. In fact, there were even two more little peaches. As I looked for the missing peach.....I saw a bird come and tear the flesh of the peach and eat it. Then, I found the one I had been watching, a little bruised and hidden in the grass.

John 12:24 says "Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit." Hmm..... trees heavy with fruit are beautiful but the fruit must be picked and consumed for it to be profitable. The little peach must stop just looking pretty and be torn, bruised, hidden, consumed for it to be profitable and to bring forth more fruit. The seed has to be exposed--not the prettiest part of the peach, by the way--and then buried or hidden away to bring forth more peaches.

Do we want to just "look pretty", on display? Or are we willing to be hurt, bruised, torn, broken, consumed, hidden away in order to see more fruit come forth?

Thank you, little peach! And thank you, God! I think I got the lesson this week!! I want my life to have profitable, living-giving fruit!!!

2 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Kent has a powerful messaged on John 12:24...BUT IF it die...NOT when it thinks its going to die....powerful powerful!!!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Sounds really powerful, Tracie!