Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Empty and Dry

I really should have taken my camera.....but I didn't. I went to Reynosa on errands and went by my "old house." The grass has grown wild and then dried because of lack of rain---really because no one was there to water the lawn. My precious rosebushes are drying up, no flowers left, and only dry, brown leaves. No one cares anymore. It hurts to look at a house that used to be a home. The large porch was a special place where I entertained....when the dogs and I enjoyed the late evenings.....where porch furniture and other stuff gave signs of LIFE. The dogs' kennels are empty and the cement block storage shed that I built and turned into a home for my cats is quiet and dark. Before the yard and house were filled with life and light.....but now it is dark, dry, and empty.....even dying.

It made me wonder about a life once inhabited by the God of all creation, the God of Life and Light and Power......but now empty of God because someone chose to reject Him....a life now empty, without power, without life and without light. How it must hurt God´s heart to look at the emptiness and feel the rejection.

I just feel sad.

1 comment:

Tracie Smith said...

Great midweek bible lesson you are working on!!!!! Love ya!