Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Sunday

Our Easter Sunday at Asamblea Pentecostés Nueva Vida in Lasara, Texas was really special. One of the ladies who has just started visiting us brought two pretty Easter lily plants for the altar. The praise and worship was awesome! We had a good altar service too before the children presented their part. They had prepared a drama using puppets and actors. They did so well! Three of the children read poems and they sang two songs. The whole group sang "Alive, Alive, My Jesus is Alive" and it was exceptionally good. Then a group of girls sang "Celebrate Jesus, Celebrate" in both English and Spanish! I am so proud of the children and their teacher, Sis. Tammy Gonzalez.

Following the service, we had a picnic lunch at Bro Alberto's ranch. The food was great!--brisket, rice, beans, bread, sodas, cake! The kids had so much fun playing, hunting plastic eggs, and breaking "cascarones". I even got one broken on my head!!!

A special blessing for me was having my Uncle Jim & Aunt Eunice and my Aunt Gladys at church and at the picnic to celebrate this special day!! Uncle Jim & Aunt Eunice winter in the Valley and attend our church often, but Aunt Gladys just came for a few days.

(We had 73 people in attendance at church and then 92 at the picnic....some relatives came from other places including Harlingen and the Brownsville UPC. Numbers are not the most important but it is so exciting to me when we have visitors and when new people become regular attendees. God is blessing us!!!!)

I love my church family! Each one of you is so special to me!!!

No comments: