Saturday, April 17, 2010

Credit my Visa? I don't have a Visa!

Okay, I don't like to go shopping.....well, actually, I love grocery shopping when I play two games. One is "how much can I save on coupons?" and the other is "how close can I come to the amount I budgeted for this grocery shopping trip?" And, I really like Wal Mart because I can find most everythng in ONE store and pay ONE bill! But, honestly, I am NOT a shopper, especially NOT a window shopper.

That is why I am a catalog shopper. I like the catalog to come in mail so I can sit in my recliner and make decisions at 11 p.m., change them three or four times, figure out how much I can fit into my budget, and then order. I love waiting for those packages to come in the mail too! Am I crazy?

Well, someone is crazy! Yesterday, I received a package from a company I did NOT order from. It contained three items that I definitely had not ordered.....two super large t-shirts with low cut necklines in white and coral and (get this!) a pair of size 28 petite capris in a very busy sunflower pattern. Now does that sound like me?????? The order was in my name, to my address, using my customer number, and was charged to my Visa account. Oops! I don't have a VISA card or account!

So, I called customer service. They verified the order number, customer number, my address, catalog numbers of the items in the package, and that it was paid for by my VISA card. I told them that I had not ordered anything from them since last September, the size of the items was all wrong since I do not wear a petite nor a 28 (thank goodness!), nor do I ever wear capri pants, and that it could not have been charged to my Visa account since I do not have one. The sugary sweet customer service rep told me there was no problem. I can just send the items back in the same container with the return post-paid label included with the packing slip and the reason why I didn't want those items by marking one of the choices on the return slip. That is just fine except, I told the sugary sweet customer rep, there is no choice that says I didn't order the items or they must have been sent to the wrong address. Sugary Sweet says, "Well, just mark whatever. It doesn't really matter. And, tell us if you want a different size or color and we will correct the order." "Sorry, Sugary Sweet, I didn't want the original order and I don't want a different size or color." Sugary Sweet says "Well, ma'm, then we can refund your money." Me: "What money? I didn't pay anything for this. It is an order sent to the wrong place." Sugary Sweet:" Okay, I'll tell you want we can do. We can just credit your Visa account." Me: "What? I don´t even HAVE a VISA ACCOUNT and so it was NEVER charged to my nonexistant account." Sugary Sweet: "Just a minute ma´m, let me check with my supervisor." I wait. Sugary Sweet comes back with the perfect solution. "Okay, Ma'm, my supervisor says that we can just send you a refund check."

Frustration! and a silence! Sugary Sweet says "Ma'm, are you still there??" Me: "Oh, yes. I am just trying to figure what part of "I have NO VISA account so you have NOT charged ME anything so you do not need to refund anything!" you don't understand." Silence. (I guess he didn't get it.....EVER!) Me: "How about if I just return the merchandise and we call it even?" Sugary Sweet says "Well, I guess that might work. Let me get my supervisor's approval." Me: "No, let's just call it even. Otherwise, I think you will be out money anyway you look at it." Sugary Sweet says, "Well, if you are okay with that, I guess it is okay." Me: "I´m good."

Sugary Sweet says (I think he was reading a prompt!) "Well, thank you and is there anything else I can help you with today?" Me: "No, I think I just helped YOU.....so is there anything else I can help you with today?" Sugary Sweet says "What?" Me: "Do you need any help?" Sugary Sweet says "No, thank you." and hangs up.

Who hired that guy?????? And, maybe I should try shopping in stores instead using catalogs................

No comments: