Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Really teeth-less and money-less

Here I sit in front of the computer.....with less teeth and less money! The surgery was fast and easy. I was well able to drive home before the pain started. I did have lots of pain all day yesterday and through the night. Since I have just taken some Tylenol, it is much better right now. The only problem is that Tylenol takes about 30 min. to start helping and then begins to wear off after about 2 hours. I am thinking that the pain will be less and less now that we are through the first 24 hours. The other problem is that I am really hungry.....but can't eat much. Juice and jello are not very filling. I am going to try chicken broth later on but it has to be cool....doesn't sound really good. Tomorrow I can have mashed potatoes if they are made extra soupy. I am sure that by next week when I have my follow up appointment, I will be well on the way to recovery from this. It is really quite minor.....but ouch!!!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

some how I missed your dental surgery until I read the email about you eating mashed potatoes. Hope you are feeling much better. Oh yeah, you just HAVE to plan a trip to or through Houston soon. oops, forgot you lost your money with your teeth. What is that saying "put your money where your mouth is" I think you took that pretty literal. Love ya!

KAN said...

Yes ma'am. I do not know you, but I have read your comments on Sis Tracie Smith's blog. I JUST HAD to answer back when you said you would like to "import" the team. Well, sister, you keep praying. Two of the young men on the "team" are my two sons - the piano player, and the Matthew, Sis Smith mentioned. Another son played the bass. I also know the Smith's daughter Redonia very well. (I was the administrator of the Christian school at our church for 10 years, being all of these kids high school English and Math teacher, too.)
ALL of these kids are very missions-minded. Matt graduates from college next May and desires to go somewhere out of the US on a mission. I know they all love kids with their whole hearts, and would try to go to the ends of the earth to reach them.
Who knows? The sky is the limit when God is involved.