Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just Didn't Work!

My list of things to do for today was done last night. I had direction for today! But at 5 a.m. I was awakened by Maxie's cries....another seizure and a bad one this time. So, I had to give her attention till she calmed down and then went to wash the quilt she had been laying on. Opie was ready to go outside and snoop! When he came in again, he even talked Maxie into having breakfast. I decided to go back to sleep for an hour or so....but of course, after doing all that, I just couldn't get back to sleep. Well, first on the list was a load of laundry, but there was no water! Okay....well, then I decided to go outside and work in the lawn for a while, but it started to rain. Well, then I will make chocolate chip cookies...except I didn't have any butter. By then, it was already noon and time for Mariela to go to school, so I went outside to wait for the bus to pick her up. Mariela is 14, my neighbor's daughter, and has afternoon classes. I was going to make a hotdog for lunch so I decided there was time enough to walk down the street to the little store and buy some potato chips to go with the hotdog....the store was closed! Mariela and her Mom came out and we walked back to the store which was now open and I bought my chips but Mariela wanted a bottle of water and they had NO water. I went back in the house and heated my hotdog, got out the mayo and mustard and .....you probably guessed it.....no hotdog bun or white bread. Well, just a hotdog and chips had to do. No water for laundry, too hot and too many mosquitos to work outside in the afternoon, no butter for making cookies.......well, I will work on making pictures for albums and calendars which will be Christmas presents. And, the printer for the computer ran out of colored ink! So, I used the stand alone printer for a while....until I needed a picture that is in the computer files before I can use the stand alone printer. Do I dare try to do anything else today????? I guess I have made progress, though, in learning one lesson. When my plans don't work out just like I want them to, I just change my plans without getting upset!!! After all, my list of things to do can be revised......at least, this time!!!

2 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

I think you should have gone back to bed, curled up with a book, and relaxed! lol

Vicki said...

hmm, the 'joys' of changing plans without WANTING to change plans. Love your smile through it all!