Friday, June 18, 2010

Learning New Things

These days my mind and my fingers are being challenged. I have a new laptop. The keyboard is in English, it has Windows 7, and a touch pad instead of a trusty mouse. That is a whole lot of change for my brain to accomodate. My PC has a Spanish keyboard, Windows Vista, and yes, a nice gray mouse! And if that is not enough, my new Edge has the shift on the floor between the driver and the passenger seats.....I have had the shift on the steering wheel for too many years to count. I am always reaching in the wrong place when I want to shift. And then there are the whistles and bells. Actually, the Edge has little beeps when I back it up and get close to something else. It also has little magnifying side mirrors that almost make me dizzy if I pay attention to them! Then I am also trying to perfect my texting skills.....another kind of keyboard and a different way of sending and seeing messages, not to mention some other beeps and rings to tell me what is happening. Please be a little patient with me.......I want to learn to use Skype too!!!!! Well, back to practicing....or am I playing with my new toys?

No comments: