Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reading Update

At the beginning of January, I decided on an ambitious list of reading for improvement in my ministry. I have been reading. First, I read Mark Jordan's book, Living and Leading in the Ministry. It was an excellent beginning because it contains lots of teaching that will improve our ministry..with adjustments to the way we do things and how we handle situations. I highly recommend it, especially to new pastors.

Next, I read Joy Haney's book, Be Healed in Jesus Name. It is scripture packed and practical for all those who are seeking healing....through medicine and through divine healing.

Now, I am reading Ed Stetzer's book,Lost and Found, dealing with the 20 to 29 year olds who are not in church. So far, I have learned interesting facts about how this age group thinks and believes. While it is statistical, it is enjoyable reading. I have it underlined and starred already so I can go back and put some of the findings to use in our church.

And, there are still 11 more books on my list........

1 comment:

Sis. Susan Roen said...

A correction on the title of Joy Haney's book. The correct title is Healed in the Name of Jesus. So sorry for writing it incorrectly.