Thursday, January 14, 2010

Books to Read in 2010

I have developed a list of books for me to read for my own growth both spiritually and as a pastor. Thanks to Bro Kent and Sis Tracie Smith, Sis Jessica Marquez, and Sis Vicki Simoneaux for the input they all gave me as I was making this list. Here it is:

1--Living and Leading in the Ministry by Mark Jordan

2--Healed in the Name of Jesus by Joy Haney

3--Reflections of the Man in the Mirror by Rufus Parker

4--Grace Full Leadership by John C. Bowling

5--Columbia--the Rest of the Story by Sidney Purdue

6--21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell

7--11 Inovations in the Local Church--How Today's Leaders Can Learn, Discern and Move into the Future

8--Spiritual Warfare in Missions by Ed Stetzer

9--The Comeback Churches by Ed Stetzer

10--So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore

11-Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson

12--Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Cymbala

13--Year of Privilege, Year of Blessing by Barbara Willoughby

14--Lost and Found, The Younger Unchurched by Ed Stetzer

I do not plan to read these in any special order.....the order may depend on how quickly the orders arrive or I buy the books! At least one is on backorder already and one is to be published in June. So, now I have to get busy and read!

3 comments:

Ed Stetzer said...

That is a lot of Stetzer. Read Maxwell first. ;-)

Ed

Tracie Smith said...

If you feel you will need to make some changes within your structure even if you don't know where to begin; I suggest begin with Who Moved My Cheese. It is a simple easy read...you can do it in a day or two. It's a resource to continually go back to when reading/applying the other books. It will help you understand yourself and those you will lead.

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Wow! First, I am absolutely in awe of having a comment from Ed Stetzer!!

And, Tracie, mostly, I am ordering books and will read them as they come in....the list is not in any particular order for reading! However, I think I will read the first book that arrives by Ed Stetzer because he commented on my blog and because Jessica Marquez has recommended these books so highly...because of their value to those of us who have missions churches or multi-cultural churches.

I think this is going to be super interesting reading.