Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Errands and shopping

When I say I am going on errands, this is what I mean, in case you ever wondered!

I am going to buy gas for the van.
Take care of banking needs.
Stop and check my P.O. box, buy stamps, mail letters and/or bills.
Get office supplies from Office Depot.
Buy large quantity stuff, usually for church functions, at Sam's.
Have minor things like oil changes and bulb replacements for the van.
Pick up stuff for fundraisers at Hobby Lobby or one of the Dollar-variety stores.
Deliver stuff to someone in Reynosa.
Buy household items and pet stuff at Wal Mart.
Leave or pick up clothes at the cleaners.
Buy dog treats and supplies at PetsMart.
Pay the city water bill.
Buy groceries at HEBs.
Grab a "I don't really like it but just cuz its easy" cheap hamburger.
ETC.....anything else I HAVE to do.

HOWEVER, when I say that I am going shopping (which is pretty rare), I mean this.

I will browse around in Wal Mart for anything new and interesting.
Check out the pet outfits at PetsMart.
Wander the scrapbook and decor areas of Hobby Lobby.
See if there is anything I like at DSW
Maybe look around in a dress shop.
Look and laugh and choose greeting cards to send.
Browse the Christian bookstore shelves.
Sit in a restaurant like (MiMi's Cafe, Cracker Barrel, Luby's or Chaya's), order my meal and eat slowly.

I repeat, it is pretty rare to find me shopping.

****Now when I am on my trip to Illinois and Iowa, YES! I will do some shopping!--and hardly any errands.

No comments: