Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hurricane Dolly

Hurricane Dolly hit Reynosa and the Rio Grande Valley! It seemed to go on and on and on as the rains came and the wind blew. I felt pretty secure inside my house with Opie and Maxie, the guard dog and four cats. It wasn't too bad while I had electricity and could use my computer.....and then we were in darkness....and silence, except for the constant groaning of the trees and the banging of sheet metal and the pattering and beating of the rain. Opie would see the shadow of a tree blowing and would bark at it. Actually, it did look kind of scary through the curtains. During the early evening hours, a tree in my yard was plucked up by the roots and tossed over my van. Another tree was pulled from it place in the dirt and was leaning on the tree that was on my van. I had to wait all night and till after 8 a.m. today to actually look at my van and see what the damage really was. I could tell that the windows were fine and the tires were good. But how about the roof? For that, I had to wait until Don Ebodio cut the tree away and took it off the van. You would think that we were unveiling an expensive painting or a magnificent statue......and it was just my dirty, leaf-covered van. And there it was! One very small dent!!! I think I will just leave it there to remind me that angels were holding the branches and the trunk as the tree gently fell on top of my van!!! Our God is mighty in the wind and rain but gentle as He cares for His children!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

We prayed for you and your 'things' --- HE does care! So glad the damage was minimal - now waiting to hear about the church building. I know you all have worked so hard on it. Praying besides the sign everything else will be ok!

Tracie Smith said...

Thought about you during the storm!