Saturday, March 13, 2010

Reading Update, again!

Last night, I finished reading "Lost and Found" by Ed Stetzer. I thought it would take me less time.....but it is packed with good stuff and I had to slow down reading to assimilate it all! I hope that I will be able to put some of it to use in my life as a pastor and leader of a church! Well, I should say that I hope AND PRAY that I will be able to put some of it to use. Oh, yes, I already have.......I decided to go high tech (except mine is really kind of LOW tech) and give our church announcements by text, phone, and emails instead of a paper bulletin or announcement time at church. I think it is going to work....if I can handle the technical part, that is!!! Already, I have received responses from several people that I don't usually communicate with all that much....and I have had some good phone conversation and texting with others! Now some of the authenticity stuff is going to take some more work!!! I do highly recommend this book to my pastor friends as well as others in missions and leadership. (Once again, thanks, Jessica for helping me to discover books by Ed. Stetzer!)

No comments: