Thursday, May 29, 2008

Caring for Maxie, my sick poodle

Maxie used to be a very active Mama poodle.....but for the last 6 weeks, she has been suffering from seizures. She looks at me with big brown eyes, asking me why she hurts....why she shivers and trembles, why she is afraid of noises and sudden movements, why she potties in the bed without even knowing it has happened. Then, sometimes Maxie seems to be almost back to her old self. She runs to the fence to greet the neighbor girls and asks for chicken drumstick treats and snuggles on a pile of pillows in bed with me. We sit in the rocker on the porch and she watches the world go by....not happy if another dog or cat walk by, happy when things are quiet and we can just rock as the sun goes down and the heat is less intense. I wish I could make Maxie feel better but I just hold her and hope she knows that I will take care of her and protect her as much as possible. If God cares for the sparrows, so tiny and so nondescript, will He not care for my little Maxie?

1 comment:

Vicki said...

aww, I wanted to cry when I read this. Yes, I believe He does care!